Laura Joan started walking the day after my (Evelyn's) 45th birthday July 25, 2006. This is the note that Amanda made on her blog. "It is amazing what a difference a week can make. Last week Tuesday, Laura was walking two or three steps and sitting down. The day after she must have decided today is the day that I walk. I could hardly believe my eyes. With hardly any wobble she got up and just walked across the apartment. It is the cutest thing to see. Out of the five older babies she is the smallest (8kg or 18 pounds) and to see her so confidently walking was just priceless. We were all cheering her on and she just looked at us as if to say: What is the big deal? So now she is eating and walking, singing and walking and swing her arms and walking. After the weigh in yesterday Angel and Laura are almost the same weight."Well we missed her first steps in person but what a blessing to get updates like this from Laura Joan's foster mom. God's timing is perfect so I rest in peace knowing we won't be missing that first bike ride or the first day of Kindergarden. Thank you for your continued prayers.
1 comment:
Evelyn:
Laura Joan is just precious. Janice and I will be praying that your trip and all the adoption procedure goes smoothly. We are somewhat jealous that you are getting to go back to our former part of the world. I suppose it will always seem like home to us. Have a great time.
Richard and Janice Crawford
Post a Comment